Sergeant Sergeant and other names
Create Post

Sergeant Sergeant and other names

I knew a Sgt. "Major" at Lejeune ................and deployed with a LCpl. Dick!

Since we are on the subject....

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak View Post
    I knew a Sgt. "Major" at Lejeune ................and deployed with a LCpl. Dick!
    I went to HS with a kid named Jimmy Dick, but he went into the Navy, and became Seaman Dick.

I guess he couldn't handle the shiat he got, so he changed (legally) his last name to that of his mother's maiden name - true story

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    They are freakin expensive!! Prepare to spend about $130 a set if you buy brandie new.
    Where are you buying your digi's?
    It has always been around $35 for the top or bottom, around $75 for a set with tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    I went to HS with a kid named Jimmy Dick, but he went into the Navy, and became Seaman Dick.
    You should have recruited him, then talked him into OCS....and prayed he made Major one day

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post

I guess he couldn't handle the shiat he got, so he changed (legally) his last name to that of his mother's maiden name - true story
    Served with, went overseas together, and then back to LTA, with Richard Arlen Dick. Excellent Marine and Crew Chief. Silver Star recipient.

Went by the nickname of Dick-a-Dick. Never bothered him.

After getting out, he got his PP license, upgraded (downgraded??) to rotary wing, bought a couple of 34's, and is quite successful in Colorado these days.

when I was in Iwakuni there was a Sgt Sargent in H&HS-15
    S-4 this was in 1968

when I was in 1st Maintenance Bn we had a GySgt Sergeant... he joined the 15th MEU... got hit by an IED and got some brain damage.... the man as far as I know is still a Marine!! He's not mentally slow, just (when I saw him last) moving a little slow... I was told he should regain a lot of his motor functions, figure he's good by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold View Post
    when I was in 1st Maintenance Bn we had a GySgt Sergeant... he joined the 15th MEU... got hit by an IED and got some brain damage.... the man as far as I know is still a Marine!! He's not mentally slow, just (when I saw him last) moving a little slow... I was told he should regain a lot of his motor functions, figure he's good by now.
    I remember him. He was with us in the 11th MEU when we went to Najaf Province for OIF II.

Thread Information